For commercial applications where a maintenance-free bearing is either desirable or necessary, Heim has developed the UNIFLON® HD series of self-lubricating Rod Ends.
In applications where the bearing cannot be periodically lubricated or when it’s desirable to eliminate the need for regular maintenance, PIC’s Heim UNIFLON® HD self-lubricating Rod Ends are the right solution.
PIC’s line of Heim Rod Ends is available with male or female threads. Shop our catalog of rod ends.
Maintenance Free Rod End Materials
- Race - Special Engineered Self-Lubricating Thermoplastic
- Rod End – Carbon Steel with plating for corrosion resistance
- Ball – 52100 Alloy Steel, Heat Treated, Chrome Plated
Benefits of Self-Lubricated Rod Ends
- No repetitive maintenance (Self-Lubricating)
- High Performance – Engineered Thermoplastic
- Low moisture absorption – superior to nylon
- Chemical resistance to alcohols, aldehydes, esters, ethers, hydrocarbons, weak acids and bases, water, and agricultural chemicals
- Thermoplastic race handles motion and vibration without fretting or galling
For additional commercial use, Rod Ends from PIC Design, click here: Rod Ends
We are experts in custom parts