PIC Design offers the Heim® Ball Bearing Rod Ends for low friction precision industrial applications that require minimal backlash under low loads. These double row, self-aligning ball bearings rod ends accommodate the application’s low torque, high load, and misalignment needs. Product conforms to SAE-AS6039, formerly MIL-B-6039.
Heim® Precision Ball Bearing Rod Ends Overview
Heim® double row, self-aligning ball bearing rod ends have inner rings and balls made from through-hardened 52100 steel. The bearings are lubricated 80 to 100% fill in compliance with MIL-PRF-81322 and MIL-PRF-23827 specifications. Ball bearing rod ends are equipped with PTFE seals bonded to corrosion resistant caps.
The ball bearing rod end body is selectively heat treated to provide a combination of a fracture tough head, ductile shank, and a carburized hardened raceway to provide high load carrying capacity. External surfaces are plated with cadmium to provide corrosion protection and thread lubricity.
Heim® Ball Bearing Rod Ends Materials & Specifications
- Precision series
- Double row, ball, self-aligning
- 10° permissible misalignment in either direction
- These bearings are manufactured with an internal play of .0004 in. (.010mm) max.
- Inner and outer raceway surface finish = 8 micro in. AA max.
- Equipped with PTFE seals
- Exposed surfaces except bore, cap, and seals are cadmium plated
- Outer shank – 90,000 psi min. tensile strength
Ball Bearing Rod Ends Common Uses & Applications
- Amusement Park Rides
- Food & Beverage Industry
- Material Handling
- Medical Diagnostic Systems
- Food Processing
- Transmission Brake Linkage
We are experts in custom parts