When the number of teeth required to achieve a given ratio becomes so small that the gear cannot have a bore, it is necessary to use a pinion shaft. PIC Design offers 303 stainless steel spur pinion shafts in a solid-on-shaft configuration with small numbers of teeth for higher ratios. These pinion shafts are designed to mesh with standard spur gears and racks.
The following Pinion Shaft specifications define our standard selection and routine customization options:
- Diametral Pitch – 24 to 200
- Circular Pitch - 1/10” (.100)
- Shaft Diameter - 1/8”, 3/16”, 1/4”
- Standard Shaft Length - 3”
- Standard Material - 303 stainless steel
We are experts in custom parts