Dowel pins are often used as precise locating devices in machinery. Our stainless steel precision dowel pins are machined to tight tolerances, as are the corresponding holes. When designing mechanical components, mechanical engineers typically use dowel holes as reference points to control positioning variations. If something other than a dowel pin is used for alignment, there can be significant variation in component positioning. They can also be used as locators so that a part can be removed and will retain its accurate location when replaced.
With a product like this, a diverse selection is necessary. Our expert staff is ready to meet a wide range of customer needs. Some applications are more demanding than others, requiring dowel pins that may be difficult to find elsewhere. With our expansive inventory and custom capabilities, PIC can keep you on target by helping you find the right product for your job.
PIC Design offers both inch & metric Dowel Pins. If standard sizes aren’t appropriate for your project, PIC will happily manufacture your custom design. The following specifications define our standard metal dowel pins selection and routine customization options:
- Diameter: 1/32’’ to ½’’, 1 mm to 12 mm
- Length: 3/32’’ to 1 ½’’, 3 mm to 50 mm
- Fits - Slip, Press/Interference
- Slip Fit: The dowel pin has a smaller diameter so that it freely slips into the hole
- Press Fit: The dowel pin has a larger diameter and must be pressed into the hole
- Tolerance: Slip (+.0000/-.0002) and Press Fit (+.0002/-.0000)
- Standard Material: 416 Stainless Steel, 33 Stainless Steel, Carbon Steel
We are experts in custom parts